9.15.2010

Pepper Lime Chicken

I did not really care for this chicken recipe the first time around, but I had some leftover glaze and gave it another shot and it was better the second time. I don't remember where the original recipe is from.

4 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp lime zest
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tlbs oil
2 cloves garlic
8-10 fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp black pepper

stir together all the ingredients and put chicken into marinade for about 30 minutes. Grill until center is no longer pink.

Served here with quinoa and fresh green beans

rating - 3.5/5
Why? The original recipe called for the chicken to be broiled, and I am not a huge fan of broiling as it uses a lot of energy for not much result, but I tried it to give the recipe a fair chance, and it was just not great. It was burned on the edges and I just didn't really care for it. I used the glaze as a marinade instead on the next piece of chicken and it was better. I still think this recipe sounds better than it tastes, but I am going to keep it in then recipe box and play with the proportions a little.

No comments: